What’s the problem?
- Bad ethics, such as corporate governance, bribery, insider trading, and fraud, should only be reported if they lead to a concrete negative impact on the planet and society. If you cannot quantify these negative impacts, then you cannot write on this topic.
- Likewise, good ethics does not necessarily translate to good impact.
What you must do
- Find information on what the consequences have been of bad/good ethics. You must describe what was the loss/benefit, who suffered/benefited and how much positive/negative impact has been caused.
- Reporting on the ethical issue only is not good enough and will be rejected.
- Make sure you cover this topic to its fullest potential. Do not select one-offs cases, unless they have a significant or persistent impact.