What’s the problem?
- Companies often have good intentions, such as going climate neutral, pledging donations, and committing to shift to renewable energy. However, even though these are positive goals, the company’s impact has not changed yet.
- Impaakt is about measuring the current impact companies have on society and the environment, as many intentions, commitments, promises or future goals can fall through. This also allows Impaakt to overcome the flaws and limitations associated with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Environment Social Governance (ESG), greenwashing, etc.
- Be wary of positive intentions with negative impacts.
What you must do
- Ensure that your analysis is about the output or the tangible impact of the company you are analysing, as opposed to intentions, commitments, promises, or future goals. Learn more about this difference in Step 1: Understand Impact.
- Assessing a company often takes form through quantitative data such as facts and figures.