First, you must consider how positive or negative the impact of the company is based on what is described in the impact analysis.
Is the impact that you described negative or very positive for the environment or society? And to what extent?
The scale goes from strongly negative to strongly positive.
You should think about the following ways a company can impact the planet and society:
- Through its processes and practices (for example, industrial pollution or decent job creation).
- Through its products and services (for example, health issues or increased mobility).
- Through its influence on society (for example, disruptive technology or market transformation).
The same issue can have a very different impact on distinct groups of people:
- Some people might benefit while others will not.
- Some groups are more sensitive to impact than others (children, refugees, etc.)